We work for an incident and injury free industry, focusing on major incidents, which are a main concern of the industry and its various stakeholders.
We draft recommended practices, promote the integration of safety into every aspect of daily operations, work to develop a level playing field for safety across the industry, and collect the safety data that direct our activities.
Our key work areas
IOGP’s OMS framework offers an integrated approach and the flexibility to address some or all of a wide range of risks, impacts or threats related to occupational health and safety; environmental and social responsibility; process safety, quality and security.
- American Petroleum Institute (API): www.api.org
- Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association (APPEA) (Safety & environment alerts system): http://www.appea.com.au/industry/safety-and-health/documentation.html
- International Association of Geophysical Contractors (IAGC): www.iagc.org
- International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC): www.iadc.org
- International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA): www.iadc.org
- International Petroleum Industries Environmental Conservation Association (IPIECA): www.ipieca.org
- Oil & Gas UK (previously UKOOA): http://www.oilandgas.org.uk/
- Repetitive Strain Injury Association: www.rsi.org.uk
- Fire & Blast Information Group: FABIG: www.fabig.com
- Step Change: SADIE (Safety alert data information exchange): www.stepchangeinsafety.net
Institutes & societies
Reports from regulatory agencies
UK Health & Safety Executive – General
Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE)
Petroleum Safety Division reports
Step Change in Safety reports