Our workstreams at a glance.
We aim to enhance the understanding of the contribution oil and gas make, the critical role the industry plays in the energy transitions to a low-carbon energy future, and to provide an essential conduit for advocacy and debate between our industry and policymakers.
IOGP acts as a catalyst and an enabler to help the oil and gas industry drive ongoing and future low carbon projects and supports:
- Standardization, enabling low carbon practices to scale up across the global industry
- Transformative lower carbon technologies for new and existing assets
Digital Transformation: Driving digital transformation of the energy industry by enabling value, ecosystem partnership, and sustainability through scalable, standardized, and interoperable digital foundations
Geomatics: A global source for positioning advice, guidance, advocacy and formats provision for the upstream oil and gas industry
Standards: Promoting and enabling the creation of a single set of international standards that can be recognized globally and used locally worldwide
Subsea: Improving subsea HSSE (Health, Security, Safety, Environment) performance and contributing to value creation
Environment: Identifying and addressing current and future environmental challenges and opportunities facing our industry including emissions data practices
Metocean: Encouraging a better understanding of how applied oceanography and meteorology can improve the design and operation of offshore and onshore structures.
Decommissioning: The global voice of decommissioning, leader in the sharing of international experience and promoter of good practice on decommissioning
Europe: IOGP Europe provides input to and assesses relevant policy proposals before developing and communicating joint industry positions. It does so to shape EU policy in a way which enables the oil and gas industry to continue supplying energy while helping the EU reach its 2050 climate neutrality objective.
Americas: Established in 2016 and based in Houston, IOGP’s Americas regional directorate engages with authorities/regulators, industry associations, and current and prospective Members in North, Central and South America.
Asia-Pacific: We are mapping Members’ needs and stakeholders across this region.
Middle-East and Africa: We are mapping Members’ needs and stakeholders across this region.
- Safety: Promoting the integration of safety in industry and focused on eliminating fatalities
- Health: Working towards a responsible and caring culture that enables employees and contractors to perform to the best of their potential
- Security: Helping provide a safe and secure operating environment by mitigating security threats to people, assets, information, operations, and reputation
- Wells Experts: Improving well operators’ effectiveness in the prevention and mitigation of high consequence well control events throughout the well life cycle