Oil and gas tends to be found and produced in areas with extreme climates and difficult environments – with associated health risks.
In partnership with IPIECA, we work to improve health standards and performance throughout the oil and gas sector – for the industry’s employees, contractors and neighbouring communities alike.
We act as a forum for the discussion of oil and gas-related health issues and the sharing of good practice.
We develop guidance and recommendations on occupational, environmental and public health issues.
Our current focus is on:
- comprehensively addressing the issue of fatigue
- collecting data on, and learning from, leading health indicators
- infectious diseases management
- clarifying and outlining the Company-contractor relationship in health and hygiene management
- promoting and supporting health integration into the everyday business of member companies and the communities in which they work
- promoting health leadership and supporting members and the wider industry in the most cost-effective manner