In October, IOGP’s Geomatics Committee will be in Houston as part of an industry outreach event for oil and gas industry geomatics professionals and others with an interest in the Geomatics discipline.
Hosted by Chevron, the IOGP Geomatics Committee Industry Day is being organised jointly by IOGP and the Association of Petroleum Surveying & Geomatics (APSG).
The one-day event will take place at Chevron’s offices in Houston on 28 October, 2015.
It will feature presentations by operators, service companies, government agencies and educational institutions covering a broad number of Geomatics-related topics, focused primarily on Geomatics in the oil and gas industry.
The agenda includes:
- An introduction to the Association of Petroleum Surveying & Geomatics (APSG) introduction. Ashok Wadhwani, APSG Chair
- IOGP position exchange format update – improving geophysical spatial data quality and integrity. John Conner, Ensoco
- Shell’s Common Operating Picture Journey and the Quest for Situational Awareness. Keith Fraley, Shell
- Geospatial Tools for Geosciences Research: From outcrop to basin. Shuhab Khan, University of Houston
- GIS Curriculums at LoneStar College and Texas A&M University. Michael Konvicka & Nicomedes Ramon Marina, Lone Star Community College and Andrew Klein, Texas A&M University
- Technology Updates on AUV’s. Mark Stevens, Oceaneering
- Adding a New Dimension to Geospatial Data with Airborne LiDAR, Geiger Mode vs Traditional Linear. Randal Rhoads, Harris Corporation
- Investigation into the utilization of UAS for a global land survey data model. Stacey Lyle, BP & Michael J Starek, Texas A&M University
- Web Mercator and its use for tiled raster graphics – the NGA perspective. Craig Rollins, National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA)
- Web Mercator – the IOGP Geodesy Subcommittee perspective. Bert Kampes, Shell
Click here to download the full agenda.
Entry is free, but space is limited to 200 attendees. To register please visit https://iogp-geomatics-industry-day.eventbrite.co.uk.
– See more at: https://www.iogp.org/Newsroom/News/PostId/134/geomatics-outreach-event-set-for-28th-october-houston#sthash.cHwW5Yal.dpuf