This revised report describes how clients can improve client and contractor management of HSE risks for contracted activities:
• selecting suitable contractors
• setting out expectations and requirements
• awarding contracts
• managing all the phases of the contracting process.
In this revision, there is a greater emphasis on risk management throughout the contract life cycle. Assessing risk levels early in the contracting process determines which management system should be selected to govern the work.
There are also better definitions of:
• assurance mechanisms, such as verifying barriers and controls
• interfacing between client and contractor HSE-Management Systems.
Report 423 is supported by: