We are dedicated to identifying and addressing current and future environmental challenges and opportunities facing our industry.
The Environment Committee’s strategy focuses on the following main areas, considering past performance and consultation with our committee members:
- Develop and promote good environmental practices to improve environmental and GHG performance.
- Sponsor and undertake scientific investigations, analyses and research to develop appropriate risk management approaches.
- Develop and advocate the industry’s position to inform regulatory changes with environmental implications and enhance industry’s licence to operate.
- Engage with regulators and relevant stakeholders to identify/address concerns, raise awareness and encourage fact-based decision.
Committee activities include:
- Ensuring continued access to new and known hydrocarbon sources
- Environmental management and reporting
- Gaseous emissions management
- Monitoring regulatory developments and developing advocacy positions
In terms of regulatory advocacy, the Committee works with a variety of organisations: OSPAR, Barcelona, Abidjan Conventions, IMO
The Environment Committee has the following subcommittees and task forces:
- Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Working Group (jointly with IPIECA)
- Environmental Data
- Environment Regional Seas
- Sound and Marine Life
- CCS Monitoring (jointly with the Geomatics and Metocean Committees)
- Drill Cuttings Management
- Energy Efficiency Indicator
- Habitat Retention Phase 2 (jointly with Decommissioning)
- Methane Recommended Practices (with IPIECA and OGCI)
- Risk-Based Assessment for Produced Water
- Arctic Network
The Environment Committee is chaired by Charles Wood, Shell; Peter Oliver, Chevron.
Vice-Chairs are ]Paola Pedroni, Eni; Dina Kuykendall, Baker Hughes; Ian Sealy, Schlumberger
Management Committee sponsors are Giorgio Guidi, Eni; Mauricio Diniz, Petrobras; Troels Albrechtsen, Total
For more information, contact Committee Manager Sureiya Pochee: Environment Manager firstname.lastname@example.org