IOGP needs a clear, consistent and compelling voice to foster understanding of the upstream industry’s operations and objectives.
The Communications Committee helps to supply that voice.
The Committee works closely with other IOGP committees to provide:
- guidance on the Association’s response to a wide range of issues
- advice on building advocacy platforms
- direction on the continuing development of IOGP communications tools, with emphasis on distilling and disseminating key messages
- two-way communications between the Association and its members regarding emerging issues
- communications on IOGP achievements on members’ behalf
The Committee also vets all external presentations, guides development of this website and monitors the agendas of national oil industry association agendas to identify areas of mutual interest
The Communications Committee has the following subcommittees and Task Forces
- Case for oil and gas Task Force
- Member Communications Sub Committee
Chair of the Communications Committee is Colin Joyce, Shell
Management Committee sponsors are IOGP Executive Director, Gordon Ballard and Trond-Erik Johansen, ConocoPhillips
For more information, contact Committee Manager Danny Walsh, firstname.lastname@example.org
What does the Communications Committee do?
- Serves as the voice of IOGP and speaks on behalf of the global upstream industry
- Engages in direct advocacy to promote the case for oil and gas
- Raises awareness of IOGP achievements and products among Members
- Supports the communications efforts of JIPs and committees
- Creates and manages IOGP communications: website, social media, conventional media, Highlights and the IOGP brand.
Work items for 2017
- Expand global outreach through direct engagement and media; supporting the industry’s Licence to Operate
- Promote key messages via third parties through alliances beyond the oil and gas industry
- Increase IOGP’s profile among existing and potential Members through email campaigns, marketing and events
- Continue to improve and upgrade IOGP’s public website and social media channels
- Update and expand the Association’s image library to support the above activities.