Senior Health and Safety Committee Manager
Would you like to help set the direction for health and safety in our industry?
Do you have over 5 years technical or safety related experience within the oil and gas industry or are you a seasoned professional who is looking to work within an association? Are you passionate about the global difference you can make and are you looking for a new challenge?
Then, please consider applying for the role of Senior Health and Safety Committee Manager at the International Association of Oil and Gas Producers (IOGP). We are looking for a passionate health and safety expert that wants to influence and deliver transformative projects and programmes in our global industry.
You will have the opportunity to build professional networks and work with industry experts.
- Developing strategic direction for your discipline area in collaboration with the relevant groups
- Supporting the Safety Directorate in influencing the development of policies worldwide through regulatory and advocacy activities and stakeholder engagements
- Translating engagement with regulatory bodies and other policy setting stakeholders into ‘thought leadership’ pieces clarifying potential future issues that may arise for members
- Building relationships with stakeholder groups, members, regulatory bodies, and business partners to support the strategic direction for the association/industry
- Representing the positions of the Association at external conferences, symposiums, and forums generally and as a speaker
- Supporting the development of overall IOGP business plans
- Managing the performance of the relevant groups to deliver their objectives
- Managing budgets and control costs
- Ensuring activities of the relevant groups follow applicable antitrust laws.
- Delivering the communication programmes, ensuring the effective outreach of IOGP work within the industry
- Delivering administrative and operations support to your groups, including managing action lists, providing pre-reads and presentations, producing minutes, and organizing meetings/conferences.
- Managing relevant data, making recommendations to the Director and/or Sub Committee chairs.
- Maintaining committee membership
- Identify strategic efforts to be executed by third parties, tender, award and manage supplier relationships.
- Educated to degree level in a Technical or Safety related subject
- Good knowledge and demonstrated understanding of safety issues relevant to the oil and gas industry
- A minimum of 5 years’ technical and safety experience in the oil and gas industry
- Professional Accreditation, Project Management Qualifications and proficiency in additional language would be an advantage.
- This is a UK-based role. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK, but we will consider a remote candidates.
Attributes and skills required to succeed
- A team player, with the ability to work collaboratively with confidence to lead, delegate, and deliver through others
- Ability to engage with ease across diverse audiences, developing key relationships with industry experts, members, and senior stakeholders
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong written and oral communications abilities in English
- Excellent administration skills, detail oriented with the ability to handle several issues and projects concurrently and effectively.
- Able and willing to travel to both domestic and international locations
What we offer
- A competitive salary based on the level of experience
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Medical, Dental, Optical and Stress Support Plan
- Gym and Wellness Plan
- Life and Travel Insurance Plans
- Flexible hybrid working environment
- Personal training and development opportunities
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
IOGP is the global voice of the upstream industry, pioneering excellence in safe, efficient, and sustainable energy supply – an enabling partner for a low carbon future.
It speaks on behalf of its members – upstream operators – who operate around the globe and supply over 40% of the world’s oil and gas demand.
We are one industry, with many stories to tell, bringing together many points of view. We share a narrative that recognizes that there are many pathways to achieve sustainability goals.
IOGP believes that our success will continue to rest on recognizing the value of every individual, providing equal opportunities for everyone to flourish, and ensuring we have a diverse, inclusive, safe, and empowering place for all those that work with us. We know that diverse talent that represents our society and our membership are critical to our success in fulfilling our purpose and values.