Thank you for visiting our Jobs page.
IOGP’s staff is split between IOGP’s Registered Office in London, Brussels and its Houston Office. Our staff provides management, administrative and technical support to committees and Task Forces.
Full-time intern (Brussels office)
IOGP is looking for a full-time intern to join its brussels based team for a period of 6 months. The successful candidate will be assisting the Senior Manager in charge of the relations with the EU Institutions covering the following areas energy, sustainability, climate change. He will further proactively monitor the various social media channels of the EU Institutions and will closely work with the communication team in this regard.
Under the supervision of the senior Manager for institutional relations:
- Monitor the EU developments within the European Commission, the European Parliament and the EU Council and assessing their relevance for IOGP advocacy activities in line with the Paris Agreement.
- Assist the senior Manager for the institutional relations in coordinating internally IOGP positioning, preparing advocacy materials and mapping of key stakeholders
- Participate in relevant meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences in Brussels
- Assisting in the reporting on EU political and policy activities relating to IOGP’s key priority areas
- Write notes, briefs and memos for both internal and external use
- Monitor the various social media channels of the EU Institutions
- Assist with other activities on request
- Graduate student in European Studies, political sciences, international relations or law.
- Experience as a trainee in the EU Institutions and sound knowledge of the other EU Institutions and legislative processes. Experience in the energy and climate change areas is an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of English and French, both speaking and writing. German is a definite plus for this position.
- Excellent computer literacy (Word, outlook, Power Point, Excel)
- Comfortable with social media
- Good research skills, flexible, dynamic, self-motivated and innovative, multi-tasking with a can-do attitude
6 months internship in an environment including direct relations with EU institutions and internal and external stakeholders at the very heart of the policies enshrined into the Green deal.
A great working and fun environment with a lot of room for initiatives, learning and development
Send your CV and cover letter in English by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 06 March 2020. Interviews will be held early after the date.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the high volume of applications expected. We thank you for your interest and we wish you all the best for your next professional step.