Thank you for visiting our Jobs page.
IOGP’s staff is split between IOGP’s Registered Office in London, Brussels and its Houston Office. Our staff provides management, administrative and technical support to committees and Task Forces.
Currently open positions:
IOGP is currently recruiting for:
Environment Committee Manager
Interested in helping to shape the environmental performance of one of the world’s biggest industries? Want to work on Sound & Marine Life, Environmental Data, Oil Spill Response and Management? Come work with #IOGP and make a difference to how the oil and gas industry manages its environmental challenges. Apply if you think you’re up for the task!
At the International Association of Oil & Gas Producers (IOGP), we believe that good environmental management is vital to supporting a responsible and sustainable oil and gas industry.
IOGP is looking for a passionate environmental expert to work as their Environment Committee Manager. This is an exciting role that influences and delivers industry transformation programs and projects. This involves working with key stakeholders and business partners to develop environmental management standards for the upstream oil and gas industry. The role offers great opportunity to build professional networks and to learn from industry best practise.
Reporting to the Environment Director, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Build, co-ordinate and leverage relationships with stakeholder groups, members, regulatory bodies, and business partners to support the strategic direction for the association/ industry.
- Manage the performance of the Environment Committees to deliver on their objectives, in line with IOGP Business Plan.
- Support the development of overall IOGP business plan.
- Manage budgets and control costs to provide value to IOGP Members.
- Ensure activities of the relevant groups follow applicable Anti-Trust laws.
- Assist in the collection of information and feedback from members to respond on behalf IOGP to consultations of guidelines developed by relevant regulatory organisations and agencies
- Own and deliver the communication program ensuring the effective outreach of IOGP work within the industry.
- Deliver administrative & operations support to the relevant groups in line with IOGP Committee Operating Procedures including managing action lists, providing pre reads and presentations, producing minutes and organising meetings/conferences.
- Manage and analyse relevant data making recommendations to the Director and/or Sub Committee chairs.
- Maintain up-to-date committee member information.
- Identify strategic efforts to be executed by third parties, tender, award and manage supplier relationships.
- Represent the positions of the Association at external conferences, symposiums, and forums generally and as a speaker.
Qualification and Knowledge
- Degree level (Bachelors/Masters or equivalent) in Environmental, Science or related subject
- Good knowledge and demonstrated understanding of environmental issues relevant to upstream oil and gas industry
- A minimum of 3 years’ environment experience in the oil and gas industry
- Professional Accreditation, Project Management Qualifications and proficiency in additional language would be an advantage.
Personal attributes required to succeed
- A team player, with the ability to work collaboratively with confidence to lead, delegate and deliver through others.
- Ability to engage with ease across diverse audiences, developing key relationships with industry experts, members and senior stakeholders.
- Actively participate in events and conferences and seeks opportunities to facilitate discussions.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills,
- Strong written and oral communications abilities in English.
- Excellent administration skills, detail oriented with the ability to handle several issues and projects concurrently and effectively.
- Able and willing to travel when necessary to both domestic and international locations
- Willing to work within a hybrid working environment
The International Association of Oil & Gas Producers (IOGP) is the global voice of our industry, pioneering excellence in safe, efficient, and sustainable energy supply – an enabling partner for a low carbon future. Its members operate around the globe, producing over 40% of the world’s oil and gas. Together, they identify and share knowledge and good practices to improve the industry in areas such as health, safety, the environment, and efficiency.
Full-timeVisit LinkedIn to find out more and apply