This report provides recommended enhancements to existing industry well control training, examination and certification processes, as well as related philosophies that should be considered for adoption throughout the industry to improve well control preparedness and performance.
The content of this report applies to all types of onshore and offshore well control operations worldwide. Its recommendations are applicable to the personnel who plan, approve or execute well work at any stage of a well’s lifecycle. Issues specifically addressed include:
• High-level introductory remarks on key input parameters to well design (pore pressure and
• Well design
• Design of activities on wells
• Well construction (drilling and completion)
• Well intervention, wellhead maintenance or workover
• Plugging, suspending and abandoning wells
The focus of this effort excludes production-related work.
This report is supported by an A3 poster, Well Control Training – Levels Guidance.