IOGP Report 537
A guard force provides risk-based security services. They protect personnel and assets and deter, delay and detect unauthorized intruders and respond to incidents. They provide reassurance to the workforce and support other functions concerned with safety and emergency response.
This report provides advice and sets out the principles and guidelines to develop an effective guard force, as well as discussing administrative and contractual elements of guard force engagement.
Six major benefits can be achieved by following this guidance:
- improved levels of security
- greater understanding of expectations by guard force staff
- improved Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics
- better retention of guard force staff and reduced absenteeism
- greater compliance with SOPs
- enhanced company reputation