This is Version 2 of a revision of Report 390. It is the same as Version 1 with the addition of Module S6.
The AMG provides recommended common guidance for the safe, effective and efficient management of all aviation operations. It is based on best practices developed in collaboration with the oil and gas offshore transport/aviation industry. Following the AMG will minimize risk in the management of aviation.
This report provides a ready reference for the management of aviation. It covers operations from the conceptual phase onwards. In so doing, it addresses the factors to be taken into account when contemplating aircraft operations, the tendering and contractual process, the setting up of support facilities and the expectations required of our contractors.
This manual is based on core guidelines and recognized industry best practices. The guidelines are largely based on existing international legislation (ICAO) and safety codes. Where appropriate, they are further developed. It provides supplemental guidance to requirements legislated by National Aviation Authorities (NAA) and guidance provided by aircraft operators.
This new issue of the AMG comprises the following modules. Each module contains a statement of whom it applies to and what it covers, guidance and reference material. This new modular structure should make the AMG easier to revise and keep up to date.
- 590 Introduction
- 590-A, Key elements of aviation management
- 590-B, Safety management system, quality and emergency response
- 590-C, Personnel qualifications, experience and training
- 590-D, Aircraft operations
- 590-E, Continuing airworthiness and maintenance
- 590-F, Airfields, heliports, helidecks and facilities
- 590-G, Recommended aircraft and personal equipment
- 590-S1, Specialized operations: Airborne geophysical
- 590-S2, Specialized operations: Aerial pipeline inspection
- 590-S3, Specialized operations: Cold weather operations
- 590-S4, Specialized operations: Interim guidance on night operations
- 590-S5, Specialized operations: Hoisting
- 590-S6, Specialized operations: Unmanned aerial systems