WEC survey to determine the effectiveness of virtual learning following the impact of COVID-19
Impact of COVID-19 and Learning Effectiveness Survey
IOGP’s Wells Expert Committee (WEC) has commissioned IAS International Oil & Gas Consultants to conduct a survey to determine the effectiveness of virtual learning following the impact of COVID-19.
The management of competency and training for well operations have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Online solutions were quickly implemented to continue to assure a level of competence and develop new talent within the industry. It is now important for us to review the “temporary” measures which were introduced, to continuously improve the overall training experience moving forward.
The target audience for this survey are:
- Drilling Contractors
- Service Companies
- Commercial Training Providers
- Internal Training Providers
The focus of this survey is to gather opinions on training courses that would previously have been held face-to-face but were forced to move to virtual learning due to the COVID-19 lockdowns and travel restrictions.
Other key areas to be covered within this survey are:
- Quality of virtual tuition and knowledge transferal compared to face-to-face training
- Learning retention
- Implications of virtual learning
- Impact on competency levels
- Levels of engagement and interactivity
- Ability to integrate and demonstrate the practical “hands-on” capability of the learner
- Technology used/available (software/hardware/internet access)
- Willingness to continue with virtual training once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted
IOGP and the WEC greatly would greatly appreciate readers’ participation to ensure that the survey results reflect the opinions of a broad cross-section of the oil and gas industry. All survey submissions will remain anonymous, and no information will be shared with any external third parties.
The data gathered from the survey will be used to determine the capability of virtual learning to deliver effective training without negatively impacting safety and operational performance. The results of the survey, as well as recommendations, will be published later in the year by IOGP and will be made available to all online.Go to survey
Deadline for submissions is Monday 19th July.