Welcome to Pulse
This edition of Pulse deals with the question of what the oil and gas industry needs to do to overcome misconceptions and a widespread lack of understanding of the role this industry is playing to meet global energy demand while driving the transitions towards a lower carbon future. Our Executive Director, Iman Hill, shares her view on the importance of standing up and speaking out, and we take a look at the latest developments in some of our committees.
We wish you a pleasant read.
Ritva Westendorf-Lahouse and Danny Walsh
IOGP in the media
Recent media coverage of IOGP
Latest IOGP publications
IOGP has released seven new publications since the last edition of Pulse. Visit our Publications Library to browse our entire catalogue.
- Safety performance indicators – Aviation accidents – 2019 data (IOGP Report 2019a)
- Environmental data collection user guide (2020 data) – Definitions and exclusions (IOGP Report 2020eu)
- Guidance on requirement development (IOGP Report 604)
- Guidelines for GNSS positioning in the oil and gas industry (Updated and revised version) (IOGP Report 373-19)
- Security Management Systems Info Sheet
- Joint IOGP-IPIECA statement on COVID-19 vaccines
- JIP 35 –S-631-11 – Supplementary Specification for Fixed Steel Offshore Structures (Updated to align with ISO 19902:2020)