London, 10 September 2020 – An IOGP initiative to enable cost-effective digitalization has reached a key milestone with the publication of its first list of supported information standards.
Whereas a technical standard specifies technical guidance and rules, an information standard specifies how information should be categorized, classified, or specified.
“By aligning the large number of information standards being used today and then driving adoption across the industry, we can reduce cost significantly.” says Ken Dunn, bp, who leads the IOGP Digitalization & Information Standards Subcommittee (DISC), established to drive adoption of digitalization based on information standards in the oil and gas industry.Download Poster
Ken continues: “Currently, digitalization and digital transformation is impeded by a lack of harmonization between standards (many have overlaps). It requires a dynamic process with revisions and updates before the final map of information standards is completed. Our focus is on industry-wide, non-competitive collaboration and standardization. This first list of supported information standards is the start. It will enable more cost-effective digitalization across the industry. We’re looking forward to further progress next year.”
The 27 supported information standards are:
- ISO 19128 Geographic information – Web map server interface
- ISO 8601 Date and time format
- ISO 80000 Quantities and units
- ISO 639 Language codes
- ISO 3166 Country codes
- ISO 4217 Currency codes
- ISO 55000 Asset management
- ISO 14224 Petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries – collection and exchange of reliability and maintenance data for equipment
- ISO 15926 Industrial automation systems and integration – Integration of lifecycle data for process plants including oil and gas production facilities
- ISO 19008 Standard cost coding system for oil and gas production and processing facilities
- ISO 18101 Automation systems and integration – Oil and gas interoperability
- IEC 61360 Standard data element types with associated classification scheme
- IEC 61987 Industrial-process measurement and control – Data structures and elements in process equipment catalogues
- IEC 62683 Low-voltage switchgear and control gear – Product data and properties for information exchange
- ISO 22745 Industrial automation systems and integration – Open technical dictionaries and their application to master data
- IEC 62541 OPC unified architecture
- IEC 62769 Field Device Integration (FDI)
- IEC 62832 Industrial-process measurement, control and automation – Digital factory framework
- IEC 63280 Automation engineering of modular systems in the process industry (MTP)
- IEC 63131 System control diagram
- IEC 61131 Programmable controllers
- IEC 61499 Function blocks
- IEC 62714 Engineering data exchange format for use in industrial automation systems engineering – Automation Markup Language
- IEC 62443 Industrial communication networks – Network and system security
- IEC 62890 Industrial-process measurement, control and automation –
- Life-cycle-management for systems and components
- IEC 62264 Enterprise Control System Integration
- IEC 61512 Batch Control
The International Association of Oil & Gas Producers (IOGP) is the voice of the global upstream industry. Oil and gas continue to provide a significant proportion of the world’s energy to meet growing demands for heat, light and transport.
Our Members produce 40% of the world’s oil and gas. They operate in all producing regions: The Americas, Africa, Europe, the Middle East, the Caspian, Asia and Australia.
We serve industry regulators as a global partner for improving safety, environmental and social performance. We also act as a uniquely upstream forum in which our members identify and share knowledge and good practices to achieve improvements in health, safety, the environment, security and social responsibility.
Danny Walsh, Global Media & Communications Manager
T: +44 (0)20 3763 9715 M: +44 (0)7734 488 672 E: firstname.lastname@example.org