Nominations are now open for the 2018 IOGP Outstanding Young Professional Award (OYPA).
This biennial award, first launched in 2015, recognizes the achievements of an individual with fewer than 10 years of professional E&P experience. The winner must demonstrate ‘professional accomplishments and evidence of outstanding talent, dedication and leadership in at least one aspect of health, safety, security, the environment and/or social responsibility.
IOGP established the award programme in association with the SPE HSSE-SR International Conference.
Speaking at Offshore Europe Conference in Aberdeen, IOGP Executive Director Gordon Ballard told his audience that ‘The oil and gas industry needs competent and confident leaders for decades to come. We launched this award to inspire the next generation.’
IOGP is now looking to senior members of the industry to nominate candidates for the award. Nominees should:
- Be well-respected and in good standing within the community
- Serve as a role model for other young professionals
- Demonstrate noteworthy professional and personal achievement
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence and proven leadership
- Exhibit expertise, passion and the ability to inspire others.
A special awards committee will announce the winner the SPE HSSE-SR International Conference in Abu Dhabi, UAE, which runs from 16−18 April 2018.
The winner will receive:
- OYPA certificate and trophy
- Complimentary registration to the conference
- An invitation to join the OYPA and Young Persons Committees for the 2020 conference
- Recognition within IOGP and SPE.
For more information, and to nominate a young professional, visit www.iogp.org/award