As the cornerstone for global energy dialogue for Africa and the Mediterranean, EGYPES 2024 is set to open its doors from 19–21 February 2024 in Cairo, Egypt, and IOGP is delighted to be a Supporting Organization for the event.
On Monday 19 February, (15:45-16:20 Hrs), Dr Faye Gerard, IOGP Energy Transition Director, will moderate the Championing low carbon solutions and infrastructure panel.
In aligning industry goals and objectives post COP28, and with a deal to transition away from fossil fuels in future energy systems and commitments to accelerate actions to reduce scope 1 and 2 emissions this decade, sustainable business, financial and regulatory structures to champion low carbon solutions and the rapid construction of critical infrastructure remain crucial.
With all eyes on net-zero by 2050, it promises to be an insightful discussion on the alignment and acceleration of industry and national strategic climate plans to support the global deployment of multifaceted lower carbon sources.
The panel includes:
- Hon Judith Kapinga, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Energy, Tanzania
- Guangzhe Chen, Vice President for Infrastructure, The World Bank
- Alessandro Puliti, CEO, Saipem
- Jean Sentenac, President and CEO, Axens
And, on Tuesday, 20th February, Faye will moderate the Accelerating Net-Zero Targets through ESG Compliance Panel.
Sustainability and climate experts will evaluate how energy companies are increasing their ESG compliance whilst aligning corporate objectives to meet rising concerns from investors and stakeholders.
This panel includes:
- Ahmed Samir Elbermbali, Sustainability Market Leader, Middle East – Bureau Veritas
- Nadja Wendler, Vice President, Sustainability – Wintershall Dea AG
- Manal Hassan, Chief Sustainability Officer – El Sewedy Electric
- Amira Osama, Head of Sustainability – IRSC
- Lamé Verre, Co-founder & Co-chair – Lean in Equity & Sustainability
- Paddy Blewer, Corporate Communications Director – Energean
On the same day, Dr Gerard will also moderate the Unleashing the Potential of Green Hydrogen and Green Ammonia Panel, where experts will highlight latest advancements in green hydrogen and green ammonia, as well as comparing the pros and cons associated with scaling up production and utilisation of each sustainable fuel.
This panel includes:
- Francois Dao, Vice President, Middle East & Africa – EDF Renewables
- Mario Franchin, Vice President, North & East Africa – Maire Tecnimont
- Loïc Jaegert-Huber, Regional Director North Africa – ENGIE
- Mohamed Amer, Executive Vice President Green Hydrogen – Scatec
- Hesham Yehia, Sustainability Director – Fertiglobe
- Mohamed Shoukry, Country Director, Egypt – Fortescue
Driving Energy Transition, Security, and Decarbonisation: Egypt Energy Show
Under the distinguished patronage of His Excellency Abdel Fattah El Sisi, President of the Arab Republic of Egypt, the Egypt Energy Show (EGYPES) 2024, bears theme: “Driving Energy Transition, Security, and Decarbonisation.”
Supported by the Egyptian Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources, this show will convene at the Egypt International Exhibition Center. Anticipating participation from over 35,000 attendees and 2,200 delegates spanning the entire energy supply and value chains, EGYPES 2024 will engage in comprehensive discussions concerning worldwide energy dynamics, the latest industry trends, regional progress, and collective actions to achieving net-zero emissions.
His Excellency Tarek El Molla, Egypt’s Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources, underscored EGYPES’s transformative role in the regional energy landscape, stating, “EGYPES has evolved into a cornerstone of the African and Mediterranean energy ecosystem, acting as a catalyst for business and investment in the regional energy market. Each year, we witness substantial growth, increased interest, and the formation of invaluable partnerships, thereby accelerating Egypt’s ascendancy as a regional energy hub.”
In light of the pressing imperative of addressing net-zero agendas, EGYPES 2024 will delve into the formidable challenges and opportunities inherent in achieving profound carbon reductions. The conference will champion influential thought leadership on accelerating the transition to sustainable energy production, with a focus on decarbonisation and methane reduction strategies. As the energy transition continues to materialise, industry players will steer this journey as champions of change, actively promoting decarbonisation initiatives and delivering a secure and equitable energy supply for all.
With the overarching theme of “Driving Energy Transition, Security, and Decarbonisation,” EGYPES 2024 will host a multifaceted conference programme, featuring over 80 insightful sessions and showcasing the expertise of more than 300 international thought leaders and speakers. The highly anticipated Strategic Conference will explore six key themes:
- Pushing Decarbonisation and Energy Transition as an Industry Commitment
- Driving Climate-Centric Fossil Fuels for a Smooth Energy Transition
- Transforming Future Economies and Societies – Are We in a Poly or Permacrisis?
- Business and Operating Models of Future Energy Systems
- Energy Security and Affordability Today Versus Net-Zero by 2050
- The Green, Clean, and Renewable Energy Conundrum
Ministerial-led discussions include the participation of His Excellency Tarek El Molla, Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources, Arab Republic of Egypt; His Excellency Francisco da Costa Monteiro, Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources, Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste; Haitham Al Ghais, Secretary General, Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC); Dr Omar Farouq Ibrahim, Secretary General, The African Petroleum Producers Association (APPO); Nasser Kamel, Secretary General, Union for the Mediterranean (UfM); Osama Mobarez, Secretary General, East Mediterranean Gas Forum (EMGF); Houda Ben Jannet Allal, General Director, Obsérvatoire Méditerranéen de l’Energie ed du Climate (OMEC); Jamal Al Loughani, Secretary General, Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries (OAPEC).
New for 2024, EGYPES will host the inaugural Africa Dialogue Conference, a platform bringing together influential African stakeholders, including government officials, financial institutions, economists, and energy thought leaders. Experts will address critical challenges related to policies, regulations, natural gas infrastructure development, and Africa’s potential to leverage its abundant energy resources for a more prosperous and sustainable energy future.
To plan your EGYPES 2024 experience, please visit: egypes.com. We hope to see you there.