A quick glance at the 2014 SPE international conference on Health, Safety and the Environment conference programme shows that OGP and its members will be well represented. The conference takes place 17-19 March in Long Beach, California. In special events and technical sessions Committee members will present papers, moderate sessions and speak at plenaries to promote a safer industry.
Session 49 will be devoted to OGP’s comprehensive body of work in collecting and publishing safety, environmental, health and process safety data with presentations from Kirsty Walker (Schlumberger), Dr Alison Martin (Tilies Consultancy), Dr John Campbell (OGP) and Patrick Toutain (OGP). Patrick will also present OGP’s work on Mutual Aid at Session 22.
The Health Committee’s chair, Dr Frano Mika, will present OGP’s work on preventing cardiovascular diseases in session 32.
SPE Visitors can visit booth 506 to learn about OGP’s work, where hard copies of some of its most recent reports will be freely available.
OGP Papers at SPE 2014:
- Upstream Oil and Gas Industry Process Safety Event Data: A First Step (Session 49)
- Continuing the Efforts to Learn From Industry Safety Data (Session 49)
- Oil and Gas Industry Leading Health Performance Indicators (Session 49)
- Environmental Performance in the E&P Industry: Data for 2011 and 2012 (Session 49)
- Prevention of Heart Attacks and Other Cardiovascular Diseases in the Oil and Gas Industry (Session 32)
- A Framework for Developing Mutual Aid Arrangements (Session 22)
Visit www.spe.org to register as an attendee