Any upstream company – private, public or state-owned – is welcome to apply for IOGP membership.
Membership is also open to any association – national, regional or international – that already has on its roster at least two IOGP members and is directly concerned with exploration and/or production.
- Associate membership is open to companies, other corporate bodies and national institutions that provide oil- and/or gas-field services to companies that qualify for full IOGP membership.
- Our Memorandum and Articles of Association and Regulationsprovide full criteria.
- A Member’s fee depend on production levels, geographical spread of upstream interests and incorporate an additional European supplement for Members operating in the EU.
10 reasons to join IOGP
- Work with other experts in the industry
- Benefit from representation on and engagement with international bodies
- Help improve the public’s understanding of the industry
- Gain access to an industry platform for debating issues
- Join a diverse and global membership
- Develop industry guidance and good practice through working groups
- Be informed of emerging threats
- Have access to technical data
- Benefit from industry-wide networks and expertise
- Add your voice to the development of technical standards
There are three membership options available.
- Upstream membership
Any upstream company – private, public or state-owned – may apply for IOGP membership.
- Association membership
Any association (regional, national or international) of two or more company members and which is directly concerned with exploration and/or production may also be admitted as a member.
- Associate membership
Associate membership is open to companies that provide technical field services (excluding support services such as consultancy, transport, catering, and cleaning) to an oil or gas company that is itself qualified to be a member of IOGP.